Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Reassurance


          
Back in 1953, when I lived in California and taught a ‘release time” class in high school, I was very unsettled in my own mind just exactly what I believed in, how much faith I had in prayer, in Christ and God. I felt I shouldn’t be teaching these high school boys and girls about things I wasn’t certain of myself. I became anxious about these questions and tried to pray for guidance. My husband offered his help as best he could, but I needed definite answers. Could I tell these youngsters to pray about their problems—that God would surely help them find an answer? My anxiety continued for several days. Finally, one morning while doing my housework, I felt a very warm, strong feeling of love around my chest and the word “reassurance” came to mind. I thought to myself, what is this that is happening to me? What should I do with this much Love? How do I get rid of it? It lasted only a few minutes, then gradually left me. I marveled at its apparent power and wholesomeness. I thought no evil could exist when surrounded with such a Presence. Now, years later I remember this experience and try to recapture this lovely moment of “reassurance.”

Myra Dickerson (reprinted from the 1972 Eastridge Devotional Book)





No comments:

Post a Comment