Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Joy and Togetherness

I have much to write to you, but I do not want to use paper and ink.  Instead, I hope to visit you and talk with you face to face, so that our joy may be complete. 2 John 1:12

I love this verse. With our family currently spread wide across the country it can be hard for everyone to stay in touch and stay up to speed. I know that many people use social media as a tool for this, but like this verse – I long to see my people. Our extended family, our son and his wife, my best friend in central Nebraska, the consultants on my Epic project that I spent multiple years working with, my husband’s childhood best friend. 


Our annual family trip to Ely, Minnesota this year was packed with family events, we enjoyed visiting with cousins, giggling in the lake, singing the Johnny Appleseed song  during the family potluck, telling stories about the great aunts and uncles and setting out flowers to mark the one year anniversary of one their passing. There were a few animated game nights, lots of turtle cookies and caramel corn and plenty of fish stories. Our joy in spending time together was obvious, and we heard that during one of the sauna nights our laughter on the floating dock could be heard throughout camp. 


As we are planning the rest of our travel this year, we are making sure to take advantage to see family and friends along the way. Those visits warm our hearts. They re-connect us. They remind us of the strong friendships and relationships that cannot be divided by distance. Even though technology helps us to receive regular updates, it cannot make up for the time with those we love – in-person, celebrating, laughing, mourning and completing our joy.


Prayer: God in heaven, thank you for sharing joy and togetherness with your children on earth. Help us to appreciate time and travel to see those who warm our hearts and complete our lives, no matter how far we may have to go to see them.  Amen

Christi Moock

No comments:

Post a Comment