Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, August 12, 2019

Love and Nature


I associate God with two main things. The first is Love. To put it simply, without God there is no feeling, no desire to care about and love our fellow man.

The second is nature. Within the past few years, I have come to realize what a beautiful earth He has given us. It is absolutely pathetic that man is ruining God’s gift with pollution.

For example, I experienced this fantastic feeling of my love for nature and God this past January when I went on a ski trip in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.

As I ascended the ski lift, I inhaled the fresh clear air and feasted my eyes on the breathtaking view of the scenery around me. The majestic, snow-coated mountains darted through the white puffy clouds which dotted the silken blue sky. The sun shone down brightly and watched over God’s great creation. This was, to me, Life, Beauty, Grace, and Power. This was God. 

                        “My child you didn’t knock”
Sometimes I’ve been on the mountain top,
And pause; before entering the day
I had so much to accomplish
That I had to take time to pray. 

Kathy Haskins (reprinted from the 1972 Eastridge Devotional Book)

No comments:

Post a Comment