Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Another Battle


As many families have had to endure, my family has been affected by heartbreak of another bad diagnosis, another death in the family, or another life altering change. Recently it seems like we are at that "don’t answer the phone stage", as you are afraid it’s more bad news. A phone call saying my Aunt had died in an automobile accident, a cousin diagnosed with breast cancer, a cousin with diabetes complications having to have their leg amputated and a cousin’s marriage breaking up. The feeling of that’s enough!

It was surrounding me with the feeling isn’t there anything good anymore? I prayed please show me why. More bad news and I continued to pray this isn’t fair and I don’t understand how this could be in your plan.

Then the end of July came our family reunion. This year it was in Washington state. This meant many of us would be driving many miles to attend. It would be a connected journey of separate cars connected by Facebook. Each group posted where they were throughout the day and the sites and adventures they encountered. Families not able to attend and family that already lived in Washington could keep up with all members and comment on events. There were funny adventures, beautiful adventures and even two different accidents.  (Both with minor damage and injuries). Then when we all arrived we spent four days catching up, reflecting on our experiences, talking about family and praying together. Then we headed home with the same communication till everyone knew everyone was home. 

I left with a renewed feeling that not all is good, not that I know where every path is leading, but that I have all I need. God, Family and Friends. 

God is with me, always guiding me. Family and Friends are with me. I have many blessings and I am never alone.

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for always being with me. Thank you for sending your Son to save me. Thank you for sending me family and friends to help along my journey. Help me to remember my blessings and to trust in your love when all that surrounds me seems dark. Amen


Lori Hood


No comments:

Post a Comment