Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Trust


Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30  


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.  John 14:27  


I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33


I read two devotions in the Upper Room devotional recently, and they put my mind at ease, thinking of the peace that comes when we have anxiety about something. God reminds us that we only need to trust in Him. 


I was thinking specifically of an upcoming wedding photography job that seemed to be more challenging as the big day approached. That day has since passed as I’m writing this, and it did, indeed, go well. But what if it hadn’t? What if something bad had happened, like several blown lightbulbs or an automatic focus acting up? God is STILL with me, helping me to keep my perspective, and affording that peace that only He can give.


Prayer: Dear Lord, if we only trust in you and your sovereignty, we can have peace. Help us to remember this today and always, even when feelings of anxiety try to push that peace aside. Amen.


Donna Gustafson

No comments:

Post a Comment