Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Time to Pray

             I got up early one morning and rushed into the day
          I had so much to accomplish that I didn’t take time to pray.
 Problems tumbling about me and heavier came each task.
          “Why doesn’t God help me?” I wondered,
          He answered, “You didn’t ask.”
          I wanted to see joy and beauty
          But the day toiled on gray and black.
          I wondered why God didn’t show me.
          He said, “But you didn’t ask.”
          I tried to come into God’s presence
          I used all the keys at the lock.
          God gently and lovingly chided,
          “My child you didn’t knock.”
          Sometimes I’ve been on the mountain top,
          And pause; before entering the day
          I had so much to accomplish
          That I had to take time to pray.

          The earth is the Lord’s and the fulness thereof
          It speaks of His greatness, it sings of his love,
          Each day at dawning I lift my heart high
          And raise my eyes up to the infinite sky.

R.H. (reprinted from the 1972 Eastridge Devotional Book)

No comments:

Post a Comment