Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Believe

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

I was watching an old movie about believing in God.  It got me thinking about my own upbringing and how the stories of the Bible were taught, how I attended Sunday school, vacation bible school, and the many songs and prayers my parents would recite with us. I read about so many that haven’t been as fortunate to feel the comfort and protection from knowing The Father, Son and The Holy Ghost.  


I can’t imagine not being able to know that there is always someone to talk to, to know whatever happens there is someone by your side and that even if you fail all your sins are forgiven and you shall have eternal life.  

Prayer: 
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done, in earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Lori Hood


No comments:

Post a Comment