Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Hope


The scriptures are prayers from Psalms.

For you, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O Lord from my youth.  Psalm 71:5

And now, O Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in you. Psalm 39:7

 
Recently, Kimberly Arms Shirk came to Eastridge's Book Group and talked about the book she wrote-"Remote Fears & Silver Linings." Kim was severely burned and nearly killed by a electrical line when she was reporting a story. She survived and went through many surgeries and treatments. She has a list of Silver Linings at the end of her book. The first one is: "Believe. Belief brings hope and hope brings life." The dictionary says that Believe is to have religious conviction and Belief is confidence and trust. Through her book she expressed her belief and conviction and expressed hope in God. She talked about praying and answered prayers and her hope in God. 
After reading this book, I thought, have I always placed my hope in God when life takes me to dark times?

Ask yourself the same question!

Prayer:Read the 2 scriptures at the beginning of the devotion and hold them in your heart.

Susan Taylor

   

No comments:

Post a Comment