Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, January 1, 2018

Gratitude


This is the day which the lord has brought about; we will rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24.

I love to read the book of Psalms with their message of praise for God, and of gratitude and positivity!   Each day we have to live our life is indeed a gift from God, who gave us life, love, meaning, and purpose.   Each day, then, is a reason to be grateful to God, a day to choose joy.  I love to know from Scripture that God wants us to experience joy.  Some days it is a challenge, as life can be difficult and there are often hardships for ourselves and for those we love. But attitude is so powerful!  A good attitude, the decision to find some joy, good, and happiness in every day is the right choice, and one God wants us to make. 

Years ago I was given a Gratitude journal, which involved writing down several things that I was grateful for every day. I found that to be a meaningful experience and a chance to find joy and happy moments in everyday life, in routine things, and in so many good things that I continually take for granted., like healthy, happy grandkids, for example.

Prayer: Dear Father God, thank you for my life, for the gifts you have given me and for even an ordinary day in my life.  As you have directed me, I will try to find joy in every day.  Please guide me to choose happiness and joy, you who are the originator of all joy.  Please help me to be a more grateful person, as I have so many blessings.  I will try to say thank you every day.

Connie Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment