Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Friday, January 26, 2018

Abiding in Prayer


Do everything for the glory of God.   1 Corinthians 10:31

Over the Christmas holidays I reread a book by Jan Karon, “Shepherds  Abiding”.  In it a prayer that Father Tim says regularly really spoke to me, “Lord, make me a blessing to someone today”.  During the preparation for Christmas and throughout Christmas week, I wondered if I had ever thought that.  I was certainly engaged in the many activities that make for a family Christmas, but did I really hope to be a blessing to someone or was I just going through the motions?  Certainly I felt blessed by the gift of Jesus, the joy of the season and the rituals in church and family, but did I try to be a blessing to anyone?

At that point, I decided to adopt that prayer to start each day of 2018. The blessings I have received I hope to extend to those around me, remembering that I have the power to do so through Jesus Christ. 

Prayer:  Dear Lord, let me be a channel of God’s blessings to those around me, and share joy with the many others I meet. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Carolyn Brandle    

No comments:

Post a Comment