Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, August 1, 2022

Run 2 God

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

A business pickup truck was beside me. I don’t remember the business name, but I remember his license plate tag as he pulled ahead of me – Run2God – and I immediately liked it. I have thought about the plate name many times and wondered about the owner and why he picked that phrase. The word “run” is unique. I thought of going to God, praying to God, sitting with God, listening for God, and walking with God instead of running. Running is full action; not skipping or jogging. When we run, we are in a hurry and anxious to get there. I picture running to our Father’s waiting arms.

Prayer: Dear Father, we are thankful we can come to you in different ways and you meet us where we are. Help us run the race and not grow weary as we journey through life. Amen. 

Cathy Schapmann

 

No comments:

Post a Comment