Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

A Heart to Volunteer

"Let us not become weary in doing good for at the proper time we will reap harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

My spirit is always wanting to volunteer and help! Whether it be at my kids’ schools, cheerleading, booster parent, or making a friend a meal. God has blessed me with the personality to put myself out there for others without being shy or embarrassed. Most days I do this with a joyful heart! However there are other days when I say out loud "Why did I sign up for this?" or grumble that I don't have the time to help.

I have learned through the years to only say yes or volunteer when I can be a blessing to others and humble myself to do the tasks with a happy heart. This only comes from asking God to help me serve others with a true joy in my heart!

Dear Lord, please help us to realize our strengths that you have bestowed upon us and use them wisely to be more Christ like. Help us to reflect, recharge, and reconnect where you need us. We want to glorify you and spread your word through our actions. In Your Name - Amen!  
 
Becky Rankin (reprinted from 2017 and 2021...a good devotion for all of us while gearing up for fall programming!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment