Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Peace for Today

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid. John 14:27

This is my favorite scripture. We all have days when the stress of “getting it all done” practically does us in, or when we’re worried about something, or when we just can’t shake the criticism of others or a sense of our own inadequacy. God’s peace is not about making everything quiet and stress-free. It’s the peace of knowing there’s something better, something bigger than anything that will happen today, and that God’s in control. When fear, uncertainty, doubt, and other worries are disrupting our inner peace, the peace of God is there to offer comfort instead.  After all, with God on our side, what could possibly be stronger? We can have the peace Jesus offers, IF we’re willing to accept it. 

Prayer: Lord, today when the worries of life and the stresses of the day weigh me down, may I take a moment and let your peace fill me and refresh me for going forward and not dwelling on the things that drag me down. Open my heart to your spirit that this may be a day when I glorify you in all that I do. Amen

Lori Snyder-Sloan (reprinted from Eastridge Devotion book, 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment