Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Let Me Hide Myself in Thee

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal. Isaiah 26:3-4

One of my Dad's favorite hymns is "Rock of Ages." I kept thinking back to when Brian had the choir sing that beautiful version of it and how my Dad would say when were scared as children "Don't be afraid of the storm, God is with you." He loved that image of God being that rock whom we could rely on in the storm, like the author who wrote the hymn and got shipwrecked and found refuge in a storm under a rock.

It also reminded me of a song I heard in college that recently someone rerecorded called "Praise you in this storm.". The other night our kids were saying they were scared of the storm and we hugged them and prayed with them and told them not to be afraid and that God was with them, just as our parents had told us.  I saw this music video in a commercial the other day and I kept playing it in my head with rock of ages after the kids got into bed.  I think I might do a piano version of those two songs as prelude next week. I was thinking of my kids crying during the thunderstorm and the line in the song "every tear I've cried, you've held in your hand."

click here 

Thanks to each of you and everyone in our congregation who keeps living out that hope we have in Christ even in the midst of so much struggle and difficulty surrounding us right now.

Brent Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment