Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Friday, November 20, 2020

Holy Spirit

And suddenly there came from heaven a noise like a violent rushing wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Acts 2:2

The strong winds of the south came blowing into our area. It was gusting up to 40 MPH and it was 73 degrees outside. I took the dogs outside and standing on my porch I felt the strong winds pressing against me. For some reason, I don’t really know why, it reminded me of every time I have heard of the Holy Spirit with the breath of God embracing the body. I stood there and felt the need to pray for the Holy Spirit to encompass me. The last 8 months have been such as over pouring of negativity, anger, sorrow, fear and hate in the world.  Every time I have felt overwhelmed I take the time to talk to God and pray for strength and refresh my soul. At this moment it was a feeling of a warm wind with the sun that began to feel like arms wrapping around me. I closed my eyes to fully enjoy the moment of God’s nature sending the message that all is good. I opened my eyes and began to again see the beauty of nature before and count my blessings.

Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven, I pray that the mighty power of the Holy Spirit will cover the world and heal your creation. I pray that all find the strength to work together and comfort each other in their hour of need. I pray that we learn to count our blessings, even the small ones that we so take for granted. I pray that all those in turmoil will find it in themselves to kneel down, pray and ask for your forgiveness and guidance. In Jesus name, Amen. 

And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.” John 20:22

Lori Hood



No comments:

Post a Comment