Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Friday, May 15, 2020

Jesus Loves Me

Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. Daniel 12:2-3

What we do when we don't realize we are doing it will come back to us as we reap what we sow. I had two instances this week of sowing the good news about Jesus without even knowing it.

1. My little sister told me I was the first person to tell her Jesus will come back. I said, "What, I didn't know that." She said, "We were west of the corral, west of the tree patch and just east of the little ditch that ran through our pasture. We were riding on our horse 'Queenie' and bringing the cattle home. I was riding behind you and holding onto you as we gathered up the cattle. We saw the most beautiful sunset. You pointed it out to me and said to me that must be how it will look when Jesus comes back."

2.  I went to see our two-year-old twin great grandsons last fall and opened the piano to find the music to "Jesus Loves Me." I immediately sat down, put the twins up beside me and started playing and singing this favorite song of mine. Now, in April, my daughter sent me a Facetime video of them playing the keys and singing "Jesus Loves Me." I asked my daughter where they learned that song. She said they learned it from me! How could they remember that from six months ago? Then Colton came onto the Facetime screen and asked if I could come to Kansas City tomorrow and play and sing it with them again. I won't be able to drive there because of a snow storm and Covid 19; but I sure would have if I could have. Their singing warmed my heart and I am sure Jesus heard it too.

Prayer: Dear Lord, please continue to remind us that we are being listened to even when we do not know it. Thank you for showing me that I had spread some of your light and righteousness. Thank you for the sunsets and for the beautiful songs that you have given me to pass along. Amen.

Sandra Hilsabeck


No comments:

Post a Comment