Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, May 18, 2020

A Sign

“I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.” Genesis 9:13-16

He waited seven more days and again sent out the dove from the ark. When the dove returned to him in the evening, there in its beak was a freshly plucked olive leaf! Then Noah knew that the water had receded from the earth.  He waited seven more days and sent the dove out again, but this time it did not return to him. Genesis 8:10-12

As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. Matthew 3:16

I feel overwhelmed when the television, radio, newspapers and social media relay the numbers of positive cases and those who have died from Covid19.  I worry not only about those infected but those who have been depressed from being isolated, worrying about friends and family. Those financially destroyed because of this disease.  One thing that makes it even more difficult is I see no end.  Where is my rainbow, where is my dove, why can’t I see a sign? 

Then I read the scriptures and listen to the hymns. Remembering He gave his only Son so that I may be saved! Then I count my blessings, sometimes it starts with He got me up this morning for another day of life! Count family and friends...and all that I have.  Pretty soon I can find myself singing with the music, the verses of His word running through my thoughts.  

I start to feel the strength that I have prayed for. Then just as a special reminder to me God sends me a sign. I see the baby calves across the road, I have seen a baby woodchuck and then four baby foxes. He Lives! The renewal—new birth!  I then look around and see all He has created. 

Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven: thank you for forgiving our sins, for loving us even when we let fear into our lives. Thank you for continuing in showing us the way through the darkness. Give us the vision to continue to see all the wonderful things you are continuing to create. Bless and protect us with your loving hands. 

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil for thine is the kingdom and power and the glory forever AMEN!

Lori Hood  (picture below shared by Lori)







No comments:

Post a Comment