Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Essential


"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you." Jeremiah 29:12

Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 18:19 

I have heard the word ‘essential’ in the last few months numerous times listing it only as doctors, medical staff, emergency crew, fireman, truckers and grocery store staff. 

I know that God has named all of us as essential.  He loves us all.  One of my favorite movies is “It’s A Wonderful Life”. It demonstrates so perfectly that without even one of us life would be so different.  

During this time I have kept in contact with friends and co-workers and more than once it became apparent they didn’t feel essential. I find that while they are isolated they forget they mean so much to so many people.  

Every doctor has someone supporting them by moral support, taking care of family while they are away, bringing food, and so much more. Each of those listed as essential have others who have assisted in their lives. 

What can I do?  I say pray for those in high demand right now, pray for their families, pray for those who are sick. Prayer in numbers.  

There are many tasks that we can do: sew masks, print masks, provide food, but remember that prayer is the essential need for all of us. And with prayer we will bring God into our world.   

Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven please protect all of us as we try to find the meaning at this difficult time.  Heal those who are sick.  Give strength to those whose lives are now in such high demand.  Guide those leading the government to do your will.  Help those in fear to find the faith and trust in you as they may never have done before.  Love us as you always have, even when we stray.  Thank you Father for giving us what we need and for giving us your son to save us all.  In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Lori Hood

No comments:

Post a Comment