Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Staying Positive


Keep your thoughts on whatever is right or deserves praise:  things that are true, honorable, fair, pure, acceptable or commendable. Philippians 4:8   

This verse is on my refrigerator as I need to see it often.  It especially speaks to me, to my tendency to see and even dwell on the negative or shortcomings of myself, my life, my spouse, my daughter, granddaughter, friends.  I so wish I had rose colored glasses and could only see a "rosy" picture of my world and of others.  My sister and I tease about having rose colored glasses often. 

This verse helps remind me that I can have rose colored glasses.  Paul's words encourage me to see myself, others and situations in a positive, more grateful way.  When I do that, I feel contentment and joy, just as Paul directed and God wants for me.

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, the author of love and joy, thank you for all the goodness and wonderful people in my life.  Just as you do not judge harshly but instead forgive and love us always, guide me to do that with the people in my life.  I long to be a source of validation and encouragement for all, especially for those closest to me.

 
Connie Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment