Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Peace


I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

When I think about the word “Peace” and what it means to me, I think of two things: one, the peace of mind that allows me make my way in the world, and two, the peace that results when our relationships are harmonious.  Both come from God, and allowing Him to work in our lives and transform us.

If there was no conflict, there wouldn’t be opportunity for peace. Sometimes we need to remind ourselves of this, or we could get “bogged down” in the futility of it all. I think that for most of us, we think of peace as all of humanity “just getting along”. But, could peace also mean learning to accept? Could it mean knowing what we stand for, but realizing not everyone else feels the same? Of course, we all believe we are the right ones (or it wouldn’t be called belief), but how about understanding that each of us comes from a different place, both figuratively and literally, and that those different places make the world beautiful and diverse. Instead of only hoping for peace and praying for peace, I’m going to start my life with peace…and, to me, that means loving you for who you are and accepting our differences…and asking God to help me with all of it!

Prayer: Dear Lord, please help me to think before I speak, and think before I judge someone else’s beliefs. Calm my heart and my head. Amen.
Donna Gustafson

No comments:

Post a Comment