Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, September 25, 2017

Serenity Prayer

            
Be still and know that I am God, Psalm 46:10

                                         Serenity Prayer


   God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change;

   Courage to change the things I can;

   and Wisdom to know the difference.

   Living one day at a time;

   Enjoying one moment at a time;

   Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

   Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;

   Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His will;

   that I may be reasonably Happy in this life and supremely happy with

   Him Forever in the next. Amen

I found this Prayer on a bookmark and it made me think and relate the words to me in my life. This prayer was written by Reinhold Niebuhr about 1934.  He used it in his sermons. It was adopted and popularized by Alcoholics Anonymous and other groups. The prayer has appeared in many versions through the years. Serenity means calm and cheerful.  The prayer asks God to grant us Serenity-calmness in dealing with different aspects of our life. Read through the
prayer many times and relate it to yourself.  Read it other times and come
back and read it again.  It has a way of sticking with me and facing life with God. I hope you come back to it many times.

Prayer:Dear Heavenly Father, Help us with Serenity, Courage, Wisdom, Living,Enjoying, Accepting, Taking, Trusting, Happy, and Forever.   AMEN




 

Susan Taylor

                        

 

 

 
             

No comments:

Post a Comment