Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, March 4, 2024

Wandering Heart: "Praise the Mount"

Praise the Mount

I have stayed quiet before.

I have held my tongue

while passing mountains.

I have slipped my hands deep into pockets,

despite the music that invites me to dance.

I have glimpsed a new moon and a new love

and have acted as if it was something other than

a complete, God-given miracle.

But not today.

Not today.

Today I will dance.

Today I will tap my toes all the way to heaven’s gates.

Today I will point out every shade of gold

and periwinkle that we pass.

Today I will talk about my faith like we talk about the

weather—

early and unprompted, comfortable and unashamed.

Today I will tell you that God did such a good job

with freckles, willow trees,

and your entire being.

And I will not be embarrassed by my own conviction.

I will not swallow my praise.

I have stayed quiet before,

but not today.

Today I will sing.

Poem by Rev. Sarah Speed

Reprinted with permission from A Sanctified Art

No comments:

Post a Comment