Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Friday, March 1, 2024

Generations

 


Because Rebecca had no children, Isaac prayed to the LORD for her. The LORD answered his prayer, and Rebecca became pregnant. She was going to have twins, and before they were born, they struggled against each other in her womb. She said, “Why should something like this happen to me?” So, she went to ask the LORD for an answer.  

The Lord said to her,

                                “Two nations are within you;

                                You will give birth to two rival peoples.

                                One will be stronger than the other.

                                The older will serve the younger.” Genesis 25:21-23

The LORD was able to tell Rebecca about her twins even while they were in the womb. Can the LORD see these little ones so early? Yes, the Bible makes it clear.

I have four grandchildren and two great grandsons because I had my daughter:

  • My oldest granddaughter is married to a police detective. When she was just 10 years-old she accompanied me to Sweden with my father to meet our European cousins. They now have twin boys, age 6, living in Kansas City.
  • An adopted son just got engaged to a wonderful lady with wedding coming next spring.
  • My daughter had me come meet them for the adoption of another son and spend a week in Moscow, Russia, 24 years ago.      
  • Then later my second granddaughter was a wonderful surprise.

Because I was 16 and left alone, my family accepted my daughter born in 1961. Had that not happened I would not have had these wonderful people in my life. I love those 6-year-old great grandsons. The two adopted grandsons have added wonderful ladies to our family, and I love them too. They are always at my daughters when she has a family reunion. I would not have gotten to experience Russia, the ballet in the Kremlin, the markets, the Moscow Zoo and much more with my daughter. For my surprise younger granddaughter’s 10-year trip (which we gave to each grandchild), she, her sister, and my daughter accompanied me to Paris. I do believe God knew all this my daughter would give me before she was born just like He knew about Rebecca’s children. He is a mighty God. 

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for my parents who helped me raise my daughter. Thank you for being with me at times in my life when things weren’t going as expected. Please bless all expectant parents at this time and give them marvelous people around them who love them. Let them know You see their whole lives ahead of them and that you love them too. Amen.

Sandra Hilsabeck (photo above submitted by Sandra)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment