Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Friday, September 18, 2020

Oh, what a headache!

And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. As it is written: "They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor; their righteousness endures forever." Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. 2 Corinthians 9:8-10

For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11

I find as events and activities start to pick up I feel more stressed.  It was so quiet and nowhere to go and I was upset when I couldn’t get out to see my friends and fun activities. Then it seemed as stores, hairdressers, schools and churches all start to allow events I am finding myself overwhelmed. It isn’t as if there are that many additional activities to go to, or more work hours in a day than we had it the past years. What is it?  I thought about it and I feel it is the planning that seems overwhelming, do I need a mask, do I need plastic gloves, do I need sanitizer, do I need wet wipes, take along extra trash bags, and can we all go at the same time, do we need to sign a release to get into the appointment, can we all sit together and anyone feeling poorly speak up!  I am exhausted at the thought of just going anywhere, excited to be out, but exhausted in the planning.  And I might admit that staying at home I did complete tasks that I may have avoided for a while since I was so busy going out and working. Did I waste the time I had at home? Did I truly appreciate the fact I could spend more time at home? Or do I just not appreciate what I have until it is no longer available?

I find that is true in everything in life. Do we truly appreciate what we have and look at the positive of the current or are we always looking for what we are missing or what is wrong with our lives?  I tell myself I have to listen more to God and not so much to the rest of the world. The old saying is a good saying “Count your blessings”. 

Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven, Thank you for all I have even when I fail to appreciate it. Open my eyes to see what I have instead of wishing for something I think I need. Help me to enjoy the changes before me in my life that they are the way of preparation and guidance to lead me to safety. Help me to embrace others that I may see their needs before my own. Thank you for my many blessings. Amen

Lori Hood

No comments:

Post a Comment