Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Blessings

Then God said, “Let the earth put forth vegetation: plants yielding seed, and fruit trees of every kind on earth that bear fruit with the seed in it.” Genesis 1:11  

When I came across this Bible verse, I smiled to myself and thought about the vegetation in our yard.  We have a big garden, and though Jim is the master gardener, I am the assistant, and I get to weed as well as preserving and using all the things the garden provides.  I am amazed at the growth of the vegetation, some of it vegetables, fruits and flowers, but much of it what I call weeds.  As I was weeding our asparagus bed a couple of days ago, I pulled out grasses taller than myself.   I didn’t want them there at all, but was astounded at the size and growth rate of those grasses and thankful that we have the soil, sun and water to grow such vegetation. We live in an area of the country and world where God has brought forth goodness and plenty for us.  

Right now, we are struggling with the pandemic, isolation, work, food and children who must learn remotely or at school, but under difficult circumstances.  But with all these challenges, we are still blessed by the gifts God has given us.  Let us thank God for our many blessings.

Prayer: Our Father, may we never forget the blessings you have provided for us, and the ability to use them to help all your children. Lead us to ways of giving to others in our church and community.  In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Carolyn Brandle

No comments:

Post a Comment