Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Highlights

But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” Jeremiah 17:7-8

As we sat at our New Year’s Eve dinner I read a post that said what was the highlight of 2019? The exciting moment of the year?  Hmm. I hate to admit it but the sad moments in my life came to mind first. My sister getting diagnosed with cancer, six months of chemo, the loss of my Aunt Leota, my cousin diagnosed with cancer, more cancer diagnosis then I can probably mention in friends and family, cousin with major surgery loss of leg, friends and family loss of their land and animals in the floods, etc., etc.  It all started running through my head! But after a prayer with God asking about the year, asking where was my highlight? I got my answer and so again I bow down to God and pray thank you, God for those highlights and thank you for reminding me of all these blessings in my life.

My highlights in my life if you are wondering was meeting so many new and wonderful people now in my life like Stephanie, Pam, Pam, Meghan, Sally, Sara, Adele, Jamie,Crystal, Chelsea and so many others. For the precious moments with my three grand niece and nephews, my niece and two nephews, my family. The highlights are the time and memories. The highlight was getting to see my cousins in the south that I haven’t seen in years. Getting time to spend with my cousin in Arizona before she passed. She is now in heaven with my other family angels. Thank you again for all these wonderful highlights you have brought into my life and thank you for ALL my friends and family!     


What was your highlight?   

Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven: Forgive me for not seeing the highlights in my life.  For not cherishing those moments that I took for granted. Help me to see all that you have given me and to be thankful for your gifts. Help me when I do look back on those difficult times to be thankful you were there beside me and that you held my hand through each and every moment. Amen

Lori Hood













No comments:

Post a Comment