Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Fasting With Prayer

So I turned to the Lord God and pleaded with him in prayer and petition, in fasting, and in sackcloth and ashes. Daniel 9:3

The suffering of children named Suhroyal, Rainaugh, Kingston, Theodore, Thomas, Miles, Landon and Anna was heavy on my heart because of abuse and drugs. Our Friday Bible Study is studying Daniel now. I came upon this verse 3 of Daniel 9. I picked a day to fast and pray for them and struggling marriages in our family. We heard about a family losing their children in a crash. Oh Lord, I pleaded, You are aware of all these things.  

The day started out normal until I turned on my computer and everything was wiped out. I called Level Seven geeks who got into my computer and fixed it. They saw the devastation and told me to bring it in to their shop and with their tools they might be able to bring it back up. With my tax material needed soon, I rushed it to their store.

Upon returning I found out my husband needed to go to ER for observation. At the ER I got a call from Black Hills Energy saying they were going to turn off the gas at the new home we just finished building that was listed for sale. The temperature outside was six degrees. This would not be good.

My prayers had started in the night, I prayed instead of breakfast, was interrupted by the events above, prayed at the ER and in the hospital room assigned to us. With all this going on, my praying was not as constant as I had planned. Instead of lunch I prayed. Instead of dinner I prayed.

I received good news that evening for six of the children. God was listening. Everything was brought back up on my computer. My husband was doing well and was released. A family member took care of the problem at the gas company and I was able to be at home with a good night’s sleep. Thank you, Daniel, for telling us about the need to fast. You helped me through an unbelievable day and God is good. I will never know how much the fasting helped, but it is used in the Bible.

Prayer: Thank you Lord for your wonderful word and the teachings in it. Please continue to bless these children and our family. Continue to forgive me and help me learn.  


Sandra Hilsabeck


No comments:

Post a Comment