Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Help


When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from their troubles. Psalm 34:17


While I generally spend most of my time and efforts at work on clinical projects, the last 10 months I have been working on two different financial projects. This is far outside my comfort zone and often leaves me feeling a little out of sorts.  Some of the team members that I have to work with are challenging. The rules for Medicare are difficult to interpret and often lead to arguments among team members. And most of all, at least for me, working in the healthcare industry has always been more about taking care of the patient, and less about making sure that we are reimbursed for that work.  


Before these meetings I have found myself pausing outside the door to pray.  Simple prayers like “God, a little help please” or “God, I can’t take it if we have another shouting match” or some days “God, I really like my job, except for this project”. While I am so thankful for the opportunity to learn about the rules and how they impact the physicians and nurses caring for our patients this work has felt like a tremendous burden and I find myself wanting to rush through the pain and break free from the troubles. Even though God hasn’t stepped in to rescue me, I feel better whispering to him in confidence before I take on this work.  And I continue to believe that he is with me while I facilitate difficult conversations, navigate solutions and help those involved make decisions and improve the process so that the care that we provide will be affordable to the community in need.  


Prayer: God who is always present, thank you for listening when I fuss, for comforting me when I am burdened, for giving me strength to fight for the right things. Thank you for all the opportunities in my life, both the hard and the easy.   


Christi Moock

No comments:

Post a Comment