Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Long Prayer List


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6 

I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121: 1-2

The last few days my list of prayers for others has become longer with each day: friends and neighbors job searching after many years with their employers; health concerns ranging from biopsies, surgery, cancer, two newborns struggling, and a colleague losing two relatives on the same day. When I started to feel overwhelmed by all of it, the verses above came to mind. I thanked God that He is in control of everything, he hears our prayers, and we are to pray constantly. With a thankful heart, prayers of gratitude accompanied my prayers for each one on my list.
  
Prayer: Dear Father, we are thankful that we do not walk alone through this gift of life. You are with us every step of the way. We lift up prayers of peace and provision for those on our hearts that you already know before we utter a word.  May they feel your presence in a mighty way. In your Son’s name we pray, Amen.

Cathy Schapmann

No comments:

Post a Comment