Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Trust


Let not your hearts be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me.  In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? John 14:1-2

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own insight.  Proverbs 3:5

I find these words applicable today as they were when first written.  In times of trouble we need to put our trust in our Lord and not let our fears and worries rule our lives.  One of my favorite hymns, “Blessed Assurance, Jesus is Mine,” is a comforting hymn.  We sing it without stopping to wonder if we truly have that assurance.  We need to trust and have faith that God gives us that assurance. 

Prayer: Dear Lord, help me to put my trust in you each day and not let worries and cares rule my life.  I am so thankful for your tender care and blessing.  May my trust become deeper and my faith grow stronger.  Amen. 

Joyce Miller (Reprinted from Daily Devotional Book, November 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment