Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Friday, January 25, 2019

One Minute Testimony - RHCP


Then he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.” John 20:22

He redeemed us so that the blessing of Abraham would come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, and that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. Galatians 3:14  

Finally, let’s draw near to the throne of favor with confidence so that we can receive mercy and find grace when we need help. Hebrews 4:16

Steve Janovec has worked with many people and organizations in the City of Lincoln. He called me one day to meet with him and learn how to tell my testimony in one minute. What did he mean?

After talking with him I came up with RHCP. This has become handy for me as I talk with people on planes and other short acquaintances. It also helps others understand why I want to serve our Lord Jesus.

R eceived, H aughty, C risis, P rayer – that’s it!

I received Christ as a teen on a mountaintop MYF (Methodist Youth Fellowship) experience. I became haughty when we were successful and became able to buy about anything we wanted. Then everything fell apart in my life and I found myself in a crisis. I had nowhere to turn but to my God. I prayed and prayed. God answered by giving me more blessings than I could ever imagine. God is so good. He taught me He was with me through everything and gave me a warm heart allowing me to forgive and go forward.

Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven, thank you for taking me in as one of your children. You sent Jesus to redeem me, forgive me and teach me how to forgive. You gave me the Holy Spirit and the desire to come to you in time of trouble. You were there for me and gave me mercy and grace. Thank you. Please be with members of Eastridge Presbyterian Church who need you now. Amen.

Sandra Hilsabeck



No comments:

Post a Comment