Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Critters


And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:24-25

I was welcomed home one day with the strong aroma of skunk. I could smell it but couldn’t see it. Thank goodness it didn’t see me either. I took refuge in the house where the smell was less noticeable. I have been more cautious letting my dog out as I don’t think I am stocked up with enough tomato juice and not really interested in trying to comb peanut butter through her winter thick coat. 

My grandnephew decided he wanted to go exploring, and came running back saying I think I saw a tail hanging out of the dog house. It’s a dog house apparently left by a previous resident. Later I went out to see three ugly faces looking out, baby possums. 

I have since seen older, bigger, fatter possums wandering about the yard. 

So along with the beautiful scenery around here there are those we can observe and appreciate for they add to the big wonderful earth that God created.

Lori Hood



No comments:

Post a Comment