Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Breathe on Me, Breath of God


If we love one another, God lives in us, and his love is perfected in us.” 1 John 4:12

As I walk around the neighborhood, either with Sandy or just by myself, or work in our garden, I sing this song to myself. 

"Breathe on me, breath of God, fill me with life anew,
that I may love as thou dost love, and do what thou wouldst do.”

Repeating the words of this hymn brings me close to God and full of joy. The wonders of this earth become larger, more beautiful, and give me much to be thankful for. When I walk, I think of the people living in the houses I pass:  families with children, seniors, individuals who have chosen the Eastridge neighborhood because of the beauty and friendliness of those around them. I ask God to bring them to us at Eastridge Church, if they don’t have another church home. When I work in our garden, I think of the blessing of fruits and vegetables that we can grow, enjoy preparing and eating, and share with neighbors. This brings us closer to others, and allows us to show God’s love. 

Prayer: Lord God, thank you for the divine blessing of your constant presence.  Let me take time to breathe in that presence as I go about my day and its many activities. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.  

Carolyn Brandle

No comments:

Post a Comment