Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Good and Faithful Servant


His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’ Matthew 25:23 NKJ (New King James version)     



The last several months we have struggled with my Mom's health, and last week she went to be with Jesus. As her daughter I thought of all the things she did for me and what I would miss about her the most. When we met with the pastor of the Broken Bow Berean Bible church he said what would you like me to preach about during the service? My sisters and I all said Salvation. 


My Mom lived in a town of about 4,000 people and everyone knew her; she was vibrant, outgoing, kind, and never knew a stranger. But what we want her to be remembered for is her love for Jesus and being a faithful servant. She became a Christian at a young age, but as she matured and especially when she retired we saw incredible changes in the way she served her community, church, and her family. She had always been involved but once she had time she made it her #1 priority. The verse says "you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things". 


Every day God is working in our lives to help us become the best disciple that we will allow Him to make us. We all need to volunteer a little more, help with VBS, work at the Food Pantry, the list could go on and on. God has created us to serve him, and by being servants we are able to touch others so they can see the Face of Jesus!

Becky Rankin

No comments:

Post a Comment