Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Frustration


Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Philippians 4:6

Within the last couple of weeks I fell down the last three steps in my house; I remember laying at the bottom of the steps trying to figure out what happened. My foot and ankle swelled up. I would later find out that I had broken my foot in two different locations and also broke my ankle. The good news is the doctor said the bones were still in a good location and that if the ankle bone break stayed in place it would be best to let heal as is but that means, as the doctor has repeated several times, it is critical not to put any weight on it at all. We would need to X-ray as it heals and if the bone moves then I would have to have surgery. Now after a little more than two weeks in and another three weeks before next X-ray, I find myself frustrated as I am not able to complete tasks that I would normally do. I am frustrated waiting for help in doing things and trying to accept that things aren’t being done the way I want or would complete or in the time frame I want.  

I find myself struggling, using crutches and the scooter, which the health representative said, "the kids love the scooter." Now I am frustrated that I am apparently either too old or not coordinated to use. 

How many times does something interrupt our plans and we find ourselves learning to deal with change?  

Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven, thank you for always being here for me. Grant me patience for those things that I can not change, help me to see the purpose in all things. Thank you for all the blessings you have provided and help me not to forget how blessed I am. Amen

Lori Hood





No comments:

Post a Comment