Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Feelings of Joy


For the Lord God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete. Deuteronomy 16:15b


In the NIV Compact Concordance there are three pages of tiny writing showing the places in the Bible where you find the word JOY. Intending to find a verse to explain the complete JOY I felt this week, I found this Deuteronomy verse listed first. I needed to go no further into the massive list.


A friend was touched by my first book “One Man and One Woman” on which our Hope Renewed group was based. She had not been through a divorce or separation but had to hug her husband after finishing the book in two days. She couldn’t put it down. She is going to take some photographs, so I can do a second publishing with a new cover. Then, as God always does, he sent a hurting friend to her who needed just this book. Her friend’s heart was breaking. The timing was unreal. We both realized God had her read the book quickly, so she could pass it on.

 
The joy I felt in being able to go through one friend and help another was extreme. It was the work of my hands that was harvested to help another.
 

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for nudging me to journal, reach out to you, and write “One Man and One Woman.” I felt your great love in 2005 and feel it again today. When you show me my work helps another, I can hardly contain my joy; my joy is complete. Please keep giving me guidance as I need you every day. Amen.

 
Sandra Hilsabeck

No comments:

Post a Comment