Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

My Path


In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:6 He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Psalm 23:3

I know, O LORD, that a man’s life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps. Jeremiah 10:23 Direct my footsteps according to your word. Psalm 119:133

 
My friend said after her mentor, Ann, died, “You can be my Ann now.”
 
My sister said to me,” I was asked in a class, ‘Who was the person who had always been there for me during my entire life?’  I thought about saying my mother; but decided you were the person I counted on the most. Mom was always working so hard on the farm and caring for four children. You, the older sister, was who I counted on being there when I needed someone as a child and this continued after I grew up.” I was honored by this statement yet concerned.
 

My friend, who has been away from Lincoln for some time, said to me after her dad’s funeral, “You are my foundation.”
 
I am afraid; how can I live up to their expectations Lord? The above scriptures speak to me. I can turn to him and he will direct my path. It may not be an audible voice but he will speak to me as he knows me as said in John 10:27, My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. Then I can go forward and say, “I being in the way, the LORD led me.”
 
Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven, help me listen to you; help me follow your way as there are those who see me. Amen.

 
Sandra Hilsabeck

No comments:

Post a Comment