Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Being of Service to Others


Serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received. 1 Peter 4: 10

As I listened to the Trustees talk about Stewardship Sunday and thought about my monetary donation to Eastridge Church for 2018, I also thought about the other ways I can support the church.  Many of us volunteer to participate in one of the many missions of the church, such as serving on the Session, Trustees or Deacons, helping with funerals, participating in Bible studies, volunteering at the Gathering Place, and the list goes on. 

I was reminded of something I read by the anthropologist, Margaret Mead, who said, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” It made me know that all of us have gifts and talents that we can share to serve others in our church and community, and in doing so, have a great impact on the world, be it small or large. We all can be of service.

Prayer: Dear Lord, help me to take my place as a channel for service to others around me.  Let me give joyfully of my time and talents to insure that your love flows to all individuals I meet. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Carolyn Brandle

No comments:

Post a Comment