Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, September 27, 2016


Prayer

Scripture: One day Jesus told his disciples a story to illustrate their need for constant prayer and to show them they must never give up. Luke 18:1

Jesus told the Parable of the "Persistent Widow." Luke 18:1-7.
Go to your Bible to read the Parable. The story showed the need
for constant or persistent prayer.  This means keeping our prayer
requests and needs continually before God as we live our faith
every day and believing he will answer.

Recently I flew to Denver for my daughter's surgery.  The night before the surgery, she and I prayed holding the wooden cross that Patty had sent for her.  Through the pain and recovery, she picked up the cross and squeezed it.  She was connecting with God.  I think of her often and with those thoughts I am continuing to pray for her.

My son and daughter-in-law are in the process of adopting 3 children. I am continually in thought and prayer for them. 

I am a member of the Eastridge Presbyterian Church's Prayer Chain. We are a team continually praying for those on the Prayer Chain. Remember the power of prayer and your power to pray. 

 
Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for your gift of prayer. Prayer gives us an avenue to share our needs, requests, and praise with you. Amen.

 

Susan Taylor          sktaylor@neb.rr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment