Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, September 21, 2016


A Devotion Dedicated to Fall and the Beauty of the Seasons

Scripture: He will once again fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouts of joy. Job 8:21

Blessed are ye that hunger now, for ye shall be filled.  Blessed are ye that weep now, for ye shall laugh. Luke 6:21

As I look out my window on this wonderful fall day, I can't think of anything more beautiful than an autumn afternoon. I can still see birds and flowers, a Monarch butterfly, a blue sky, a few fluffy white clouds, lots of beautiful colored leaves, and bright sunshine.

I could never be happy in a place that doesn't have the change of seasons. I love to visit those places, but I wouldn't want to live there.

I am reminded of one of my favorite poems, by John Keats. I will quote part of it for you: "Beauty is truth, truth is beauty, that is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."

Two years ago, ironically, here at Eastmont I moved into the addition called, "The Seasons". I feel that is an appropriate place for me since I don't like "Eternal Summer". But "The Seasons" is great!

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you so much for all the blessings you have given us.  We are so lucky to have a lovely and safe place to live, and good friends to share our lives.  Thank you for Eastridge Presbyterian Church and the love and happiness its members have brought to me.  I treasure all my memories of Eastridge.

Gerry Draney             grdraney@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment