Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Friday, September 30, 2016


Monarchs

Scripture: And God saw all that he had made and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning- the sixth day. Genesis 1: 31

The U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey in partnership with Scripps Institute of Oceanography presented a study that the monarch population could possibly be quasi-extinct in 20 years. Not having seen many in the last few years, I was sad.

This year I may look out and see at least four large monarchs on my zinnias at one time just outside my office window. The sedum attracts a great number of them too. I was playing golf at Tiburon Golf Club by Omaha and we saw monarchs floating all around us. One came so close to me I was almost afraid to swing my driver for fear of hitting it. It seems like we are in a butterfly house this September. I have been taught that our ecological system is good when the butterflies are around.

These wonderful delights of nature are what God made and then said it was very good.

Prayer: Thank you for the information provided to farmers about how to have a balance in protecting these beautiful creatures and yet grow the food that the world needs. Thank you for this increase in the beautiful monarch. You are all mighty and all is possible for you. Amen.
Sandy Hilsabeck            shilsabeck@neb.rr.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment