Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Psalm 30

 


I will exalt you, Lord,

    for you lifted me out of the depths

    and did not let my enemies gloat over me.

  Lord my God, I called to you for help,

    and you healed me.

  You, Lord, brought me up from the realm of the dead;

    you spared me from going down to the pit.

 

  Sing the praises of the Lord, you his faithful people;

    praise his holy name.

  For his anger lasts only a moment,

    but his favor lasts a lifetime;

weeping may stay for the night,

    but rejoicing comes in the morning.

 

 When I felt secure, I said,

    “I will never be shaken.”

 Lord, when you favored me,

    you made my royal mountain stand firm;

but when you hid your face,

    I was dismayed.

 

  To you, Lord, I called;

    to the Lord I cried for mercy:

  “What is gained if I am silenced,

    if I go down to the pit?

Will the dust praise you?

    Will it proclaim your faithfulness?

  Hear, Lord, and be merciful to me;

    Lord, be my help.”

You turned my wailing into dancing;

    you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,

  that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.

    Lord my God, I will praise you forever. Psalm 30

No comments:

Post a Comment