Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Holy Spirit

There are times when you feel you have reached the “last straw” or just one more item that will overload you. Sometimes life hands you so many curves, turns, detours, decisions that you wonder where do I go from here.  

Remember with the strength of the Holy Spirit you can survive.

I have a lot of trees around where I live; a couple of the trees really needed cleaning up. I was working on the ones I can reach or at least my tree trimming chain saw can reach. But there is one limb that I really don’t know how it is still hanging on. It’s impossible that as broken as it is that it hasn’t fallen down. It’s a rather large branch so I know it’s beyond my capabilities to safely remove. But with the weight of it and the gravity pulling it down, how does it hang there? 

If you have ever seen the wondrous unexplainable things in this world, you know He has to have a hand in it. He must be guiding us through the toughest of times, but always there. 

I had a Christmas poinsettia that I was pretty sure it hadn’t survived after its beautiful bloom. But it had just a tiny green left in its frame; so I decided to move it to a different window, moderately water. That plant has grown numerous leaves and is filling out to be a beautiful plant; even if it does bloom it has shown its ability to survive and began new growth. 

And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you today: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen today, ye shall see them again no more forever. The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace. And the LORD said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward. Exodus 14:14

Lori Hood (photos below shared by Lori)





No comments:

Post a Comment