Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Meaningless?

Meaningless! Meaningless!” says the teacher. “Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless. Ecclesiastes 1:2  

He made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Ecclesiastes 3:9-10 

Awhile back I sent my great nephew and nieces photos of the different pictures I see out my large window where I do my quiet time with God. Each day the sky, trees, squirrels and birds are different. Now, in the winter, there is even the shape of a heart in the tree branches. I take it as a sign God loves me. I know he had me seek him to see the eternity he has for me in heaven. 

Yesterday was a very meaningful moment as I looked out my window and focused on what God gives me every day. When the morning sun shines at me, the naked tree branches are black. I saw a flickering tiny red light. Finally I realized it was a bird’s beak with the sun shining through at me. The red light flickered for me to see as the bird moved. Just as I believed I could not have a more wonderful moment, a second bird joined and I had two tiny red lights in the naked tree. 

Prayer: Dear Lord, help us to be still and soak up the most beautiful and meaningful moments you give us. What you have created is beyond anything I could imagine. Amen.

Sandra Hilsabeck (reprinted from 2016)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment