Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

God's Message

And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, this is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left. Isaiah 30:21

I knew I wanted to get a devotion sent for this month. I had three ideas in my head and I was working on the inspirational path they would go. Yesterday I had a chance while sitting at the computer. I opened Word program. And…BLANK! All my ideas were gone, I couldn’t even remember a single thought about what I was going to say. I know I should have taken the time to at least jot the thought down on paper but I didn’t and now here I sit with nothing. I was so frustrated with myself. I told myself after a few minutes best move on to doing something else. 

I added to my night prayers to please help me remember what I had been working on and went to sleep. 

This morning I woke up and I got the message. The message is the devotion comes from God. It needs to be His message, his devotion, not mine. I need to remember to open my heart and hear His message. I was trying so hard to come up with a devotion, I needed to stop and listen. 

Prayer: Thank you God for taking the reins and reminding me I need to turn it over to you to control. Help me to stop and turn all my storms, troubles, and daily tasks over to you. Open my heart and mind to hear what you want me to see. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

Lori Hood

No comments:

Post a Comment