Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, August 30, 2021

Weeds

How lovely on the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who announces peace and brings good news of happiness, who announces salvation, and says to Zion, “Your God reigns!” Isaiah 52:7

I am busy pulling my weeds out of my flower beds. Sprayed the darn things and they still pop up in the middle of my struggling flowers. I put down mulch to discourage the weeds but even in those areas they seem to find a way to grow. The weeds in the grass don’t seem too discouraged. I have fertilized my flowers and grass but I think the weeds like it better than my flowers. 

It occurred to me that it is the same in life. We spend so much time angry at the bad things in life. We repeat our disgust in the things we find unacceptable. We tell everyone the unfortunate incidents and events of our life and we forget to share the good. It’s so much easier to see when someone is doing something bad but seldom do we see or tell of the good. Why is it so hard to say thank you and please? 

Maybe next time I will talk to the flowers and thank them for their beauty and encourage them to flourish.  

Prayer: Jesus we pray that we can be more humble and less critical of our daily encounters. We thank you for the beauty, the goodness and caring in the world.  Help us spend more time encouraging, rewarding and inspiring the true accomplishments of others. Remind us to show our appreciation in all that we do.  In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Lori Hood

No comments:

Post a Comment