Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Psalm 23




Even though most of us would probably prefer the poetic and comforting words of either the King James Version of the 23rd Psalm or another well-read version, reading through this version from The Message makes "old" words new.

God, my shepherd!

    I don’t need a thing.

You have bedded me down in lush meadows,

    you find me quiet pools to drink from.

True to your word,

    you let me catch my breath

    and send me in the right direction.



Even when the way goes through

    Death Valley,

I’m not afraid

    when you walk at my side.

Your trusty shepherd’s crook

    makes me feel secure.



You serve me a six-course dinner

    right in front of my enemies.

You revive my drooping head;

    my cup brims with blessing.



Your beauty and love chase after me

    every day of my life.

I’m back home in the house of God

    for the rest of my life.   ~ Psalm 23, The Message

Donna Gustafson

No comments:

Post a Comment