Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

I Heard You!


Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger. James 1:19 English Standard Version (ESV)

I heard you! Now stop protesting and go home.  I have heard enough about how you are discriminated against; that Black Lives Matter.  I am not discriminating so why are you still talking day after day?


I was discriminated and bullied in life; you forgive and go on with your life.  Not letting others’ actions that hurt me affect me.  I have my friends and family that listened and were there to comfort me when I was hurting and in pain. 


I thought the above, then thought, wait: when my friends and family are grieving or are hurting I listen and comfort them. If I take out all the violence and destruction and listen to the true protesters, not the ones that found an opportunity to kill, vandalize and destroy, but the true protesters: they are expressing their pain and grief. 


Prayer: Dear Lord, open my heart and soul to see the grief, the pain, the discrimination, and loss of others.  Teach me to listen with an open heart and mind.  Remind me that those that are hurtIng need my comfort too.  Help me to understand, listen and learn!  Lead us to create a world in your loving image. Amen

Lori Hood

No comments:

Post a Comment