Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Repentance (Peace) Can't Wait

Carve out time today for prayer and quiet contemplation.

Read this poem as part of your devotional time.


Sometimes,
While the sky is still dark,
I slip sock feet into tennis shoes and go for a walk.
Step by step
I ask my deepest questions,
While the sky lets go of its deepest dark blue.
Am I doing enough?
Ink to indigo.
Does my brother know how much I love him?
Indigo to navy.
Will my friends keep showing up?
Navy to royal blue.
Will we ever know peace?
Royal blue to gold.
And after a while, my pilgrimage must end,
So I turn apologetic feet toward home
And walk my repentance back toward the sun.
And once again, while I stand in sock feet and tennis shoes,
God takes my breath away.
For once again,
The sky’s deepest void is now a watercolor of light.
And I am reminded
That like the sky,
God touches everything.
And I am reminded,
That like the sky,
Nothing is so broken that it can’t be painted gold.
In the morning light, there is peace.


Prayer by Sarah Are

No comments:

Post a Comment