Views

The views expressed here are those of each individual devotion writer. Thank you to our writers for their contributions to this ministry!

Monday, September 30, 2019

God's Creation

And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good. Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. Genesis 1:9-11

In early September of this year, Steve and I spent a couple of days at our family cabin in the mountains outside of Denver. The cabin has been in the family for 62 years and is at 9,000 ft. I have wonderful memories of all those years.

As I was sitting on a large rock watching Steve on a ladder staining a section of the cabin, I started looking at the ground around me and all the trees (aspen, pine, etc.) I picked up small white quartz rocks from the ground and put them in a small bag. I then found and put in my bag small pine cones. The squirrels had not eaten all the seeds out of the cones. I then found an aspen tree with a few yellow leaves. This showed that fall was coming. Those leaves went into the bag. I brought my bag home with my treasures and have shared with others. I will keep these special objects to remind me of the cabin and part of God's creation.

This experience showed me to look always and see God's creation. God's creation is all around us and everywhere I go. Open our eyes and see it all the time. Thank God for the skies, waters, mountains, trees, flowers, rocks, and people.

Prayer: Lord, thank you for creation and remind us to see and be thankful. Amen.

Susan Taylor





No comments:

Post a Comment